Friday, July 15, 2011

Try a Triathlon!

If I can finish a triathlon, I'm sure you can too!

Every once in a while someone will ask me about training for a triathlon and they seem interested in doing one, so I say, "Sign up for one." They generally say something like, "Oh, I couldn't do that. The (swim/bike/run) would kill me."

Well, I'm here to tell you, if the safety swimmers aren't being careful, the swim could literally kill me, but I do it anyway.

Heaven knows I'm not an athlete. Just look at my times! But thankfully with most events you don't have to qualify, you simply have to sign up. It is true that there are a lot of athletic-y people that race, but there are a number of folks like me too, people just trying to stay in shape. We won't win, but that's cool, we're just there to have fun.

So what's your next step? Get on the inter-webs and find a race in your area, probably one that doesn't have "Ironman" in the title, and then sign up. There's nothing like paying your entry fee that makes you want to go train.

1 comment:

Followers