Friday, July 15, 2011

SM Tri-Part II, and Bike Shorts

I forgot to give a shout out to the organizers of the Shawnee Mission Triathlon-2011. Very well organized, a lot of good volunteers.  The volunteers even cheered for me as I came around, and that says something about their dedication!

I didn't mention in my earlier post about how this almost didn't happen for me. The thing is, I forgot my bike shorts at my in-laws house (yes, I only have one pair). So on Saturday I had to buy a pair at a, gulp, store. If you're like me, you only buy items that will reside in close proximity to your crotch from some unknown seller on the interwebs, and trust me, I only trust the provenance of my groin coverings if it's been verified by three stars or more.

Have you seen what they charge for bike shorts at Dicks? Why would I drop that much dough on an article of clothing that my family will laugh at me for wearing, accentuates my skinny legs, and has a built in Depends diaper? Anyways, you can find them cheaper online.

Oh, and btw, you can't just run over to Wal-Mart and pick up a cheap pair for the day, cause they don't sell them. I did end up getting a pair at The Sports Authority, I think, on 95th, over there buy Sam's Club. They were thirty bucks and I felt ripped off. However, I do have to admit, they are way nicer than my ebay find. Way higher quality and more comfortable. I believe the brand is Canari.

So there you have it, disaster averted. Why couldn't I just wear a pair of gym shorts? C'mon, how often do you get to wear lycra?
Me and my new bike shorts

2 comments:

Followers