Thursday, December 16, 2010

Product Reviews

Whoa! I just noticed that my iTunes account has 666 podcast episodes. What other sign do we need to prove we're living in the Great Tribulation?

Actually, I converted to Preterism some time ago, so I don't know what the heck's going to happen in the next seven years.

Some of the blogs I try to emulate have many followers and offer product reviews. My blog does not have many followers, and I have not offered any product reviews. Perhaps I don't have many followers because I haven't offered any product reviews. I shall rectify that today.

No, a sponsor (like, say, Under Armour) did not recently send me an item hoping I'd praise its virtues on my blog. That only happens to the popular bloggers, evidently. I did, however, receive some free workout attire some time ago that I shall review today. Full disclosure: These clothes were made available to me by the United States Department of the Navy. Go Navy!

The very comfortable matching sweat pants and sweat shirt I'm wearing now were manufactured by the Soffe company, right here in the USA! In NC no less! Not some soft, west coast state in the Pacific Northwest (or China). The style I have is a grey sweat pants color, which, according to me and Miley, never goes out of fashion. Think Rocky. Think Burgess Meredith. Think sweat. Perfect for boxing and pilates.



I can actually hear Bah ba ba Bah ba ba Bah ba ba Bah as I run through Philadelphia when I'm wearing these bad boys.  For some reason, I even put a towel in my collar. I don't know what that's for, but it was good enough for the champ.



Fifty percent fortrel polyester, fifty percent cotton allows for breathability. I'm not even kidding about that.  The draw string on the pants is superfluous for me as the elastic waistband is enough to hold 'em up.  The elasticized gathered ankles keeps the bottom of my pants from flapping all around like some kind of commie Oregon state flag.

Don't be a bum! You have to get some of these.  When they gave me these at Camp Geiger in NC (Marine combat training for the rest of us) in 1995 the idea was to make us all look the same.  That is not a problem here in the civilian world. Nobody ('cept Miley and pregnant girls) sports these grey sweat pants anymore. Stand out from the crowd with Soffe Sweats sweat pants and shirts.

And yes, you read that right, 1995. I've rocked these for 15 years, and they're as gray as the day I got 'em! Are your Under Armour garments going to last that long? Sheah, right.

(BTW, I love Under Armour and would gladly pimp my blog for them if they'd send me something!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers