Thursday, September 15, 2011

This Is It

So I walked into my closet today and wondered why it smelled like a dive locker. Then I saw the wetsuit hanging up that I rented. Yes, I rented a wetsuit and I hope it works for me. I'm a little nervous; it feels a little tight. It's a long sleeved one, and the shoulders feel constricted. My hope is that if there's resistance straightening my arms, then there'll be a snap back effect when I pull.

If you haven't heard, the Branson 70.3 is Sunday. I will be there. I'm bib number 335. I've seen a link on other Ironman races where you can track the racers by name or bib, but I don't see it up yet on the Branson site, or esle I'm just blind.

I will test my wetsuit in the pool tomorrow. I'll do just a few laps to see how it goes. It'll probably look strange swimming in an indoor pool with a wetsuit, but most of the folks there know I'm racing, so maybe they'll understand.

Until afterwards...

1 comment:

Followers