Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Year in Training

Looking back over my training year, I'm kind of surprised at how lazy I was. I'd known since January or February that I'd be running in the Branson 70.3, yet somehow I didn't put in enough miles, evidently. Live and learn. If I do that race again in 2012, I now have a better understanding of what I have to do to get ready to have a respectable showing.

But the question becomes, how dedicated do I have to be? And, how dedicated do I want to be.

Here is what I did since January 2011:

Ran 343 miles, more or less.
Rode 386 miles, more or less.
Swam 50,388 yards, plus a few more that didn't get recorded.

Throw in some weight training earlier in the year and that's pretty much it.

I guess the biggest weakness I see is the lack of biking miles, and swimming yards, and probably not enough running either.

So what am I going to do? I don't know yet. I'm back to lifting this week but I've gotten a couple of half decent 5Ks in this week as well.

If you've got a good 70.3 or full Ironman training plan, send me the link. My training plan didn't give me the results I needed. As a coach, I'm fired.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm if that's laziness..... Nearly 100 miles/month????
    You can be my coach anytime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a good site for training plans. I have not used them but you might take a look. http://www.trinewbies.com/

    ReplyDelete

Followers