Saturday, May 28, 2011

"That Guy"

Who's going to do it today? Barcelona? Man U?

Did I mention I am now on a soccer team? Well, I am. There's a one day tourney in my town on the July 4 weekend, and I was recruited by one of the teams. Was I recruited because of my soccer prowess? No, I don't think so. I haven't played futbol since I was about seven years old. No, I think I was recruited because I'm "that guy".

One of the guys that talked to me about playing said something like, "You're always running and stuff so I figured you'd be in shape enough to play." Well, there are worse reputations to have. I hope he understands that just because I do it doesn't mean I'm great at it.

The only thing I worry about competing on an ironic adult soccer team is getting kicked in the leg by another adult. I'm not down with that.  I may have to invest in shin guards.

BTW, Google Blogger won't let me reply to comments. There's some glitch, at least when I try it from this PC. Thanks for reading. Now, I need to get out of the house and do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers