Monday, May 16, 2011

First Brick of the Year

Why is it called a brick? I have no idea.

On Saturday I rode eighteen miles and ran four point five miles. Basically, that's two thirds of the SM Triathlon.

Thoughts? None here.

It was chilly and windy here on Saturday, so I decided to wear pants when I rode. I don't have riding pants, so I wore my Rocky Balboa gray sweatpants pants. Was that a good look? Well, do we need another Rocky movie?

Speaking of Rocky, a week ago Saturday I ran in a local 5K, and I developed a plan that would ensure I ran the best 5K of my life. Did I train a certain way? Did I mind my nutrition the morning of the race? No, of course not. I had a way better plan than that. What I did was create a playlist on my iPod with songs that would certainly inspire me to run fast. I don't know where I got it, but I have a CD with songs from Rocky I, II, III, and IV. So I put all of those great training montage songs on there, and you can only imagine how well I did once that started playing.

How well did I do? First in my age group. Was I the only guy in my age group? I think so. The race is the local Girls on the Run 5K, so I think a lot of guys stay away thinking it's only for girls. My time was twenty-two minutes something. Not great at all, but I accomplished my goal which was to run seven and a half minute miles the whole way.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers