Sunday, May 15, 2011

All Consuming

Lately, if I find I have it, I use my free time for lifting, running, riding, swimming, eating cake, etc.  Trying to train for a triathlon can seem all consuming, and you find that other hobbies you used to have get forgotten.  For instance, I occassionally lke to refurbish a piece of furniture or even build a simple table or stool or whatnot. I don't get to it as much as I used to, but I did find something the other day I could work on.

Recently my lovely bride and I decided we needed a new table to consume food off of, so we went shopping, and were aghast to see what they charge for brand new wooden eating platforms. So we decided to go to shops where they sell experienced furniture.  We found a table that I said we could re-finish, which means aside from buying a table, I bought a project. Re-finishing a table can count as cross-training, can't it?

Here are a few pics of what I found humorous that day (simple mind, simple pleasure), and my new projects.


Subtle

You can buy anything at an antique shop.

Freaky

Obama chia and some Saget movie.

Table after I removed the top and put everything on the work table.

I negotiated with the guy and got this sewing table. It's in great shape, just needs some re-finishing.

Table top before we stripped it.

My lovely bride.
Yes, I made my wife put that on before I showed her what it said. She's a good sport, but she said she'd kill me if she got lice. Anyway, it was a good day because we spent the day together while the kids were at school, and I still managed to swim in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers