Friday, January 21, 2011

No Way to Squat

If you live in a town that doesn't have a gym with a leg rack, and you don't own one yourself, and you want to squat, and you don't mind telling people that you "squat", then you have a decision to make. Either learn to live and be content with skinny ostrich legs, telling yourself that ostriches in fact have very strong legs, or figure out how to get enough weight over your head so as to give your quads a proper exertion when you squat with the weight sitting on your shoulders.  I decided to get the weight over my head, and that may or may not prove to be fatal.

Actually, I only have skinny legs when I wear short pants. My spandex biking short pants are baggy. As I pick up speed on the bike, they start flapping. Other riders are like, "What's that sound? Oh, it's his shorts." I can avoid all of that by wearing long pants.

I have this sneaky feeling that I'll somehow ride better if my legs are strong, so I squat.  But I really need a leg rack. Something like this:

Not this:













Instead, I came up with this:












Yes, that's a weight bar suspended between two ladders. Since the saw horses didn't kill me, I figured this would.

1 comment:

  1. You're such a redneck, uh, I mean, innovator.

    ReplyDelete

Followers