Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sac River

Went canoeing yesterday on the Sac River.  Got in at the access on 82 highway and headed south, which is upstream. However, there's not a discernible current, so the headwind was the biggest challenge. Along the way we stopped to fish. At about 2.5 miles up, we stopped to fish again and decided to turn back.

We had no luck with the fishing. We caught one cat and that was it. 

Heading back I thought the wind would push us along, but it had died down by that time and we have very little help in that regard. We stopped to climb a bluff. We also spotted a land bridge formation that we wanted to check out, but time was getting away from us at that point, so we saved it for the next trip.

Altogether I guess we did about 5 miles. I'm getting frustrated with my eTrex. The stupid thing randomly shuts itself off. At the end of the day, I saw it was off, turned it back on, and the mileage read 2,005. I'm pretty sure that's not right.

Here are the pics:









 My mug wasn't that important to the photographer.

 And back she goes!
A view from a bluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers