Tuesday, October 5, 2010

More Stream of Consciousness

So there I am watching Glee with my wife. I'd never seen that show, and this episode was evidently about faith. I found myself praying that it would end so I could watch Top Gear. The only pretend high school students I want to hear singing are John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John.

I used to think those guys on Myth Busters had the best job ever. Now I'm not so sure.  Have you seen Top Gear? These guys get to drive the most expensive cars on the planet, and there's no annoying hosts that insists on using a pirate accent every episode. Driving expensive cars really fast through Europe is my new career objective.

The other thing that Top Gear gave me is an item on the bucket list: drive the Nurburgring race track in Germany. You can show up, pay a fee, and drive (from what I understand). My wife asked me what I would drive. I said it would have to be the rental car, though on the website I linked to above I saw an add for race car rentals.

Speaking of driving east of the Rhine, a few weeks ago I mentioned my Roman Empire tour. At the time I was behind in listening to The History of Rome podcast. But then the very next episode I listened to Mike Duncan announced a real Roman Empire tour they're putting on. Dang it!

OK, I need to quit watching TV and figure out how to get to Nurburgring. Danke schoen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers