Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Still Going

After seeing the trailer to the American Top Gear, I realized I wasn't done going on about it.  Oh, it looks bloody awful! I haven't been this upset since they remade The Office.  So, am I going to watch it? Of course I am! How else will I find things to complain about it unless I actually watch. I'm only praying that the American version is only an hour long.  BTW, wasn't it great this season when the BBC in their infinite mercy decided to show us the entire one hour and twenty minutes version the Brits get to see? Absolutely fantastic!

My All Time Favorite British TV Shows (keeping in mind I've only seen a handful)

1. Benny Hill (This may top any of my lists)
2. Top Gear
3. Monty Python's Flying Circus
4. Fawlty Towers
5. Keeping Up Appearances
6. The Office
7. Dr. Who

Oops, I just named every British TV show I've ever seen.

Are the British known for their jazz? Heavens no. I was reminded of a song that is just brilliant while listening through my iPod today. Everyone loves Dave Brubeck's Take Five, as well they should. But there is another excellent song on the Take Five album: Blue Rondo A La Turk.  The actual video is rather boring; Dave Brubeck hardly moves at all, but here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers