Thursday, July 29, 2010

Another Boring Race Report

Last Saturday I completed the Windsor Tribute Triathlon. 500 yard swim. 18 mile bike. 3.1 mile run. It was a lot of fun and I'll probably try to do a couple more races next year.  I might have said earlier that I've always wanted to do the Shawnee Mission Tri.  I intend to sign up for it again next year. I still need to finish that thing.

Anyways, back to Windsor. 12 minutes something coming out of the water. Pathetic. An hour and two minutes on the bike. 24:47 on the run. 1:42:04 officially for the whole thing. Nothing to brag about. Middle of the pack for my age group.

It's easy to be intimidated when you show up for one of these things. There's a lot of athletic-y looking people there with great bikes and cool spandex outfits.  I don't have such a great outfit. At my last tri I had a hard time getting my bike jersey on, so this time I cut the sleeves off of an old Old Navy tee shirt and wore it with my bike shorts. Perhaps not so cool, but I got that shirt on a lot faster.

One more thing. The girls at these races are very fast. I got beat by two of them. I can tell you though, at Shawnee Mission I would've been bested by scores more.

Enough about that. I have my eyes on another race.  There is a cyclocross race in Hermann, MO in September. Time to start training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers