Friday, February 26, 2010

Sick of It

It started as a head cold. It's moving to my lungs. I can feel it. My throat is starting to hurt when I cough. That's when I know I'm in it for the long haul.

That's not supposed to happen when you start getting serious about running.  My Mother and Grandmother would probably agree that you don't go running out in the cold. "You'll catch pneumonia."  I have a different understanding of how people get sick, but dang it, I don't have time for this.  Pneumonia be damned! I'm going running (you'll find my body not more than 4.5 miles from home).

I stated earlier that I'm preparing for my first triathlon.  Real triathletes will scoff, but the run in this one is 4.5 miles.  It took me awhile, but I finally found a good route around the 'hood that's four and a half miles, keeps me off main roads, and has a couple good hills. I ran it in 42 minutes.  Pathetic.  Once the weather warms and I am whole again, I hope to shave at least 10 minutes off of that.  We'll see.

Two more things. One, I recognize the need for a training log of some sort. Two, I have a lot more time to listen to podcasts, while running, so I need to find a few more to subscribe to.

1 comment:

  1. Check my recent blog for a list of great podcasts.

    ReplyDelete

Followers