Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Prison Break

Despite the title, I've never seen the show Prison Break, not even one episode. I'm sure it's a great show, though.

Have you ever seen a movie that begins with the protagonist, after what you assume has been years behind bars, walking out of prison? I'm thinking The Getaway here, or any other number of movies. Whenever I see that scene I think, "Man, what a great feeling that must be!" Can you imagine? Getting out of prison, and having the rest of your day free! There is not much that can beat that, I bet.

We spend a lot of time and energy, and money, trying to have a truly great experience. I went on a vacation a few months ago that I thought would be pretty great, and honestly it was, but I still don't think it would compare to that day you get out of prison. Maybe it's that whole freedom thing. Being locked up and getting sprung. I think that scene in The Shawshank Redemption, though he isn't released per se, may demonstrate it well. Once he craws out of the sewer and stands there, arms outstretched in the rain, there he knows freedom once again.

There is one experience that may rival getting out of prison. Being convicted, but getting some kind of reprieve and not having to go. Now that would be amazing. I can't imagine the relief a person would feel.

So, the only way I know to experience all this would be to get convicted and sent up the river. I'm just not sure what crime to commit. I may need some legal advice.

1 comment:

  1. Your father-in-law is a lawyer; have you consulted with him on this?

    ReplyDelete

Followers