Saturday, April 16, 2011

I Need to Eat and Sleep...

Not much to say, except I swam well yesterday (for me). It was the first time I didn't think I needed the lifeguard to haul me out of the water. I only swam 1100 yards (but that's huge for me), which, incidentally, is the distance of the swim at the Shawnee Mission Triathlon. Who knew, besides me?

I judged the swim to be good not because my time was killer (it wasn't), but because I felt like I could go on even after the 1100 yards. It felt easy the whole time. There may be a couple of reasons for that. One, conditioning. Maybe I'm getting a little better at swimming via practice. Two, I had rested for a couple of days. I had felt wiped out for a couple of weeks, and finally this week I just got really lazy and didn't do anything Wednesday or Thursday. I think that rest helped propel me in the pool.

Which makes me wonder now, should I be taking more rest days? I don't feel like I train a lot or over exert myself (heaven forbid!), but lately I'd been doing something every day because I never know when the unexpected will arise and take a training day away from me.

The other thing I wonder is, should I eat healthier? I've said before that I pay little attention to nutrition. My wife makes good ol' fashioned rounded American meals and I generally have that for supper, and the left-overs for lunch, and some kind of smoovie or cereal for breakfast. I don't snack during the day, but at night I've been known to have a little dessert. There may be something nutrition wise I need to do.

Along those lines I've been losing weight again. I've gone from 168 to 162 over the last two or three weeks. I expect my weight to continue to fall. Last year mid-summer, after my races, I was in the lower 150s. I need a burger.

Well, this is quite a rambling post. How about a shot of the Lotus taken with my iPhone 4 (yes, I love it [the pone], and I'll gush about it later):



1 comment:

Followers