Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April is the Cruelest Month

That's what T. S. Eliot said, and he's right. I'm sure he wrote that in response to not knowing what to wear out on a run one spring day.

Saturday morning presented me with two of my least favorite weather conditions: wet and windy. It wasn't actually raining, so I had no excuse but to go run.

I planned on doing seven miles, but about a mile into it I realized the battery on my Garmin 305 had pooped out. Dang! Nothing annoys me more than when my GPS unit takes a holiday. So I ran out through the waste land to the point I know to be three miles and turned around. I can be quite anal about knowing exactly how far I run, so I wasn't about to do something so rash as guessing at where 3.5 miles fell.

Then, when I got back, just to screw with me, the weather got nice. Well, the joke was on April. The rest of my day was too busy to go running anyways.  Plenty of errands and then the Father/Daughter dance that evening. Here's a pic or two:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers