Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Workout Routine

For the last couple of days I have taken on a new workout routine. It goes by a few different names, but I call it "snow shoveling."

It's definitely not for everyone.  For instance, if you live very far south of the Mason Dixon you will find it hard to get in on this exercise.

You don't need a lot of equipment, just a snow shovel, or for more advanced athletes, some other kind of shovel normally used to move dirt. The set up is a little tricky, though. First, get a lot of snow to fall on the ground. Second...well, there's really just one step to the set up.  After you get the snow on the ground, go shovel it off. It's as simple as that.  Be warned! It's not for the faint of heart. Literally. This exercise is known to cause heart attacks!

I was tempted to put on my heart rate monitor when I went out this morning to dig out my truck, but I didn't. Still, the shoveling I've done over the last couple of days has been my workout.  There ought to be some kind of shoveling olympics. I'm getting ready!


The Straight and Narrow


The Goal


The Way Home


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers