Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sedalia to New Franklin




Aaron, Mike, and I traveled by bike from Sedalia, Mo to New Franklin, Mo.  41 miles if you're counting.  Here's the stating point in Sedalia:




The tree lined sections are great, keeping the sun off of you.


That's me. Aaron pointed out that the bridge is 100 years old this year, having been built in 1910.




Deon's Bar and Grill.  We had lunch listening to old country and western.  This is Pilot Grove, Mo.


Not French Lick, Prairie Lick.


We crossed I70 near Boonville, Mo.


Crossing I70.


The depot in Boonville.


I'm starting to see a pattern with the cabooses at the Katy Trail trail heads.


I noticed the architecture. It appealed to me. The cell phone camera probably doesn't do it justice.


After a long day riding, you can lose your money here.


Veterans Memorial in Boonville.


Crossing the Missouri.


Arriving in New Franklin, not to be confused with Franklin, which is about a mile away.



1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing that shirt is about the same age as the bridge. I think I have pictures of you wearing that shirt at my high school graduation party.

    ReplyDelete

Followers