Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kanye West?

Let's pretend it's a couple three weeks ago, and Kanye had just verified for us that Beyonce had one of the greatest music videos of all time.

Why is everyone so mad at Kanye? I'm not. I don't even feel sorry for Miss Swift. If Kanye's interrupting her VMA acceptance speech is the worst that that happens to poor Taylor this year, then she is having a pretty good year. I bet there's a million 17 or 18 year old (I don't know how old she is) pretty young blonds with half a voice that would give her left ovary to be interrupted by Kanye at the VMAs.

I don't hold a grudge against him, but I'm not in love with Kanye either. I wouldn't recognize a Kanye song if I heard it. I don't hate rap or R&B, it's just been a long time since I've paid attention to popular music.

But here's the deal. While they were raising money for Katrina victims, Kanye and Mike Myers were supposed to read from cue cards. Myers read his part, but West went off script with some impromptu rant and punctuated it with, "George Bush hates black people."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but back then I don't remember even one person calling Kanye an A-hole.

2 comments:

  1. You're wrong. I googled ""kanye west" "george bush hates black people" a**hole and got 3,780 hits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure that proves anything. I googled it as well and got any number of hits, depending on how you enter it. However, a number of those also mention Taylor Swift and/or the VMAs. But that search would also hit my post and others like it, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Followers