Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax

It's not that I don't think we should pay taxes, it's just that I doubt they are being spent wisely once collected. Well, for instance, once elected, our President, who would like to work together to reduce the number of abortions, immediately authorized the federal funding of abortions in foreign countries. That is probably the last thing I'd ever spend money on. I'd sooner pay to study the mating habits of snail darters, or some other useless endeavor.

Please don't tell me we're creating jobs. Give us our money back, and we'll spend it on the things that matter to us, creating real jobs that provide real services.

It's doubtful we'll ever end poverty, especially by taking money from those who have it and dolling it out to those who don't. Didn't Jesus Christ say we'd always have the poor among us? We might as well let government get out of the way so that those who have the ambition have a chance to become upwardly mobile. Isn't that what's great about America? We all have the same opportunity, or at least we don't have to worry about the government getting in our way?

Roads, military, space exploration. That's what I want my government to spend my money on. I'll study the mating habits of various life forms myself, for free.

2 comments:

  1. My pet peeve is people giving that quote out of context. Consider yourself on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if you did use that quote out of context, I still agree with you. I wonder if the Tea Parties yesterday will have any affect on anyone? I'd like to see a response from the White House. They seem to respond to everything now days via their blog. It's amazing how many posts I get from their RSS feed.

    ReplyDelete

Followers