Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cycling on TV

Well, Christian Van de Velde of team Garmin-Sharp-Barracuda won the USA Pro Challenge. Good for him! I know nothing of that guy, but Christian is a good name for a guy, and I have a nephew named Christian. One of my favorite books is about a guy named Christian who rides his bike along the narrow way all the way to Heaven, so that's reason enough to cheer for him.

In sadder Garmin news the strap on my Garmin Forerunner 305 broke. See:
Garmin strap
The clasp thing came off the end of the strap because the plastic cracked. I tried to fix it with duct tape a couple of times, but it keeps coming off. I suppose I could complain to Garmin, but I've used this for a year and a half, so I'll probably just go to Wal-Mart and get a band for eight bucks or so. I don't know.

Speaking of watching cycling on TV in hopes it makes you a better cyclist, I complained during the Olympics, probably on Twitter, that I didn't have the Universal Sports network. I discovered this weekend that I do have that channel. It's way up on 402, but it's not an HD channel, so kind of happy, still kind of sad. At any rate, they have a lot of cycling.

They also have triathlons. Over the weekend I watched two sprint triathlons staged in Hamburg. The swim took them through this tunnel thing, and the bike route went through the transition area on the second loop. Some non-Americans won, but on the podium they gave them these huge glasses of beer. I'm serious. These glasses were taller than donkeys. I am now training for the Hamburg Sprint Triathlon.

Ok, see you tomorrow morning at the pool. If you get there early, cut a hole in the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers