Saturday, July 28, 2012

Running Heavy

Last year at the end of July I weighed 151.5.

Yesterday I weighed 158.5.

I'm no Archimedes, but even I know that's a difference of 7 pounds.

So what's that mean in practical terms. Profoundly, I'm 7 pounds heavier this year! That doesn't seem like a lot, but go out to your garage and grab whatever weighs 7 pounds and carry it around all day. See, makes your arms tired, doesn't it.

OK, it's not exactly the same, and honestly I don't know that it makes any difference. I do wonder what has made the difference, though. I don't think I'm eating differently than last year. I am still lifting, where last summer I abandoned the weights, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I complained about this in my last post, but this summer is hot, hot, hot as hell August. And dry! "Brown and crispy" is a phrase we're hearing a lot. I generally take my son camping in the summer, but we've pushed that back this year. Besides, Missouri Conservation has banned camp fires at all parks for the time being, so forget that. Camping is not camping unless you're using lighter fluid to get the camp fire going.

There is a race in Warsaw tomorrow, and I'll be there. It's a sprint distance tri, and I hear the bike course traverses the dam. Oh, that reminds me, I better see if I can find my bike.

I'm watching the Olympic road race right now, and I watched as much of le Tour as I could even though I don't get the NBC Sports channel (btw, thank you NBC Sports channel for putting the Olympic triathlon on your channel, I appreciate not having to watch that since it's one of the rare times a triathlon is actually on TV. I mean, I get MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo, and of course regular NBC, but you put the tri on the one channel I don't get because it's not included in my tier). After watching these races, I'll be very disappointed tomorrow if I don't see some European dudes with flags tied around their necks running along side the riders tomorrow.

If I do well in the race tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers