Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Will to Skynyrd

Remember that group, Will to Power? Me neither, but I do remember a song they did. Actually, I think it was the song they did. At any rate, they covered Peter Frampton's Baby I Love Your Way. Now I've always liked that Frampton song, but the genius behind Will to Power's version is they put a verse from Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird in there. That song obviously did very well on charts. How could it not? If you take two great songs, mash 'em together, what do you get, one great song!

There is another song out right now that follows that formula, and interestingly enough, one of the songs in the mash up is another Skynyrd hit. Until last night I didn't know who did it. Turns out it's Kid Rock and his song is All Summer Long. He combines Warren Zevon's Werewolves of London and Skynyrd's Sweet Home Alabama. I believe that song is doing well also. I have to say, when I start my band, the first thing I'll do is combine some Skynyrd songs with some other songs I like. It's a no brainer. Every Skynyrd song is great, so automatically one half of your song is great. So all you have to do find another tried and true song and bam, a hit!

With that in mind, here is side A of my first album:

1. Saturday Night is Back (AC/DC's Back in Black, Saturday Night Special)
2. Smell It (Michael Jackson's Beat It, That Smell)
3. The Breeze Never Sleeps (Puccini's Nessun Dorma, Call Me the Breeze)
4. Three Steps from the King (Robert Grant's O Worship the King, Gimme Three Steps)
5. Summer Questions (Kid Rock's All Summer Long, Don't Ask Me No Questions)

Now, where to shoot the videos?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers